Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Where are you? I can't see you. The light is gone from my vision. Your beauty, once breathtaking, once a reason for living, is no more. You promised me you would stay, you promised never to leave me, and now, where are you? Why did you leave me? I no longer see my life with meaning, you who kissed me, you who held my soul in your soft and delicate hands, are no more.

Did I not promise to love you, hold you, cherish you? Did I not hold your hand and face the demon with you? Did you fight him with all your power? Oh God, I feel so alone. The cold bed I lay in reminds me that you are not here with me. Oh to have one more kiss, did I not tell you how much I loved you? Now there is nothing but your picture, a frozen smile, a memory of a happiness I will never know again.

I can not help this sadness. It cripples me, it takes my breath away. This pain, why did you leave this pain with me? What am I to do with it? I felt your pain. I knew what you were going through. I prayed with you that God would rescue you...no...rescue us both from this pain. Why did he say no? What did we do to deserve this? I am lost, wandering alone looking for you. Do you see me? Do you know how much I need you, how much that smile meant to me?

Another day will come, another day when I will look for you, another day when I will hear your voice calling me. I come to look for you, it's a part of my day. I bring you daisies, you loved them, they filled you with happiness, but the flowers I brought yesterday remain, and I wonder why you have not put them in that vase in the kitchen. I sit and wait for you, but you never come. Did I do something to displease you?

Oh for just one more kiss, one more caress, one more smell of that wonderful perfume that left me intoxicated for so long. Now I close my eyes and see you as I did the first time I laid eyes on you, I remember our walks on the beach, our talks just sitting alone in the car. I see you with joy and laughter, and I wonder if that I open my eyes you will magically appear, hold me and tell me that you love me, even just one more time.

I know I'm being selfish. I know I shouldn't cry, I know that you had to go, I know that it was time, but I will not stop missing you, I will not open my eyes to find you not  there, I will not  stop bringing you daisies... I will never stop loving you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment